There are three strong reasons why the D.A.N.N.Y. Center incorporates volunteers into its programs.
First, it helps build organizational strength. That strength comes not only from growing and retaining members and enhancing the organization programs , but also in the sense of ownership that volunteers gain when they become visible advocates for the organization.
Second, you as member volunteers, have credibility that paid staff or consultants never have. You can discuss peer-to-peer, and you can promote the organization because you believe in it. Volunteering is a personal choice, not your job. We never underestimate the power of peer-to-peer communication.
Third, using volunteers extends the resources of our organization. Volunteers provide extra hands that enable our organization to do tasks and activities that might not otherwise get done. Volunteers also provide valuable input to the organization leadership and staff.
What do Volunteers Receive?
You gain from your experience in many ways, such as the following:
- You have a sense of giving back to a cause you believe in.
- You can express your values in activities that are meaningful.
- You will increase your knowledge and learn new skills through networking with other knowledgeable peers.
- You gain an insider’s knowledge of the organization to grow the value of your membership.
- You enhance your career and gain prestige by building relationships with new contacts and old friends.
- Be at least 17 years of age
- Complete a volunteer application and background check
- Receive a volunteer orientation
We are currently looking for volunteers to assist us in the following areas:
- Assist with Mentoring and Strengthening Families Programs
- Assist with administrative work
- Assist with searching and submitting grants
For the safety of ours student, volunteers, staff and others, we require each volunteer to submit a volunteer form and go through a background check. Thank you for your support and love for our future generation.
Link to our FORMS